Wednesday, April 13, 2011

{TSSN} Week 2: Hold the Hail, please.


So, after pore strips, I was ready to conquer something more. Everyone knows less sugar in your life, the better it is for you. Er...right.

I suffer from migraines, so I figured it might prove healthy to try being off sugar for one week and see how it felt.

HA HA FAIL.

Before the week started, on Sunday, I made a big batch of peanut butter brownies (I ate 4...) and drank lots of raspberry lemonade. (The raspberry was actually coffee syrup, which proved to be...rather eccentric in lemonade). I figured if I was going off sugar I might as well LIVE IT UP! Which only resulted in a headache that night and regrets about that fourth brownie. Darn.

Monday, I woke up refreshed (strangely) and ready to tackle my work schedule. Needless to say, the day went horribly... sugar-wise. I succumbed to two more brownies, some leftover lemonade and, horror of horrors, I found a twizzler to devour. Insert tears and another headache and I flunked the first day off sugar. >.<

Tuesday was definitely a better day. But only because I skipped breakfast and just had green tea with my Japanese cuisine for lunch. I managed to only put one packet in the two cups of tea I drank. A feat since green tea is of course, rather bitter. Wednesday I tried oatmeal without brown sugar, and drank lots of water and ate sugar-free jello. Thursday told me that the jello wasn't sugar free and I got a headache, and today, Friday, was strangely uneventful. I still had a headache, but I figured it was from my awesome sparkly silver headband.

Experience: No sugar for....6-ish days.

Lesson Learned: If there's one thing I've learned, it's....AH, FORGET IT. Considering the fact I'm already completely off all--and any--forms of dairy and shellfish, adding sugar on top of that was literally wayyyy too much.

Conclusion: I resolve to work on downsizing my sugar intake; but not completely eliminating it. Otherwise, I'll just be eating carrots, whole bread, and water for the rest of my life.


For you,

4 comments:

  1. Mom would like to add: "If you wish to eat more "carb-free" do not make honey-bee cookies they're particularly good). *Noms cookie* " [Or allow your daughter to do so. ;]
    But anyways... word of advice, check your sugar-free Jello. If it had aspartame, that's probably what gave you a headache. ;P I actually get worse headaches from artificial sweeteners than anything else.

    C'est bon. x]
    Love you. n,n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey bee cookies, eh? I NEED to try these as much as you NEED to see Devil's Den. ^_^

    Ahh, yes. Well, it WAS sugar-ish. (not sugar free) so it was a fail on my part... x]

    Merci :]
    lyl <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you tried! :)
    Here's to hoping sweets won't ruin your days with headaches! And best of luck on your next adventure! ;)
    Te amo, bonita.
    ~heh

    ReplyDelete

i'm curious, what are your thoughts on this? thanks for sharing!
-lizzie