Friday, April 22, 2011

{TSSN} Week 3: 6 Dares, 6 Days

week number three!



















I needed something a little more exciting to blog about than pore strips or sugar consumption, yo. So let's try doing 6 dares in 6 days. Bring it onnnnn!

Dare 1: Wear heels for 6 hours.
Me being tall already, I don't usually wear heels for an extended time unless it's to a party or ceremony and I'm forced. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE shoes. But I've pretty much come to the conclusion, I love....looking at them in my tidy closet and not on my feet. So I thought I would try wearing them for a full period just to see what it was like.
ENTER PAIN.
Just call heels "foot hell", especially if they aren't high quality. But mine were. Well, sort of. Apt 9 shoes are gorgeous (usually) and run around for $30. So give or take, to me at least, they are nice shoes.

Not after 6 hours. By the 6th hour I was limping, and my big toes had turned blue. My calves ached and I could no longer feel my feet. And yes, they were the correct size. So, if you see me wearing heels, BE THANKFUL. I'm going through alot of pain for you. xD Lesson learned? I now have extreme admiration for the ladies that wear heels all day, everyday. More power to ya.

Dare 2: Break a habit: stop biting my nails.
Ever since 6th grade I've struggled with this. When my other fellow girl classmates did it constantly, I instantly picked up the habit. It feels so strange having a habit like that for so long and not even realizing it. A new manicure, while out "birthdaying it up" for a girlfriend of mine, has helped me make a new start. So, from now on, no nail biting!

Dare 3: Start and keep an exercise goal.
I figure I will start small and work up, since I don't exactly want to end up in the hospital after trying to work out. And if you know me, that could happen. (I sprained my wrist one time while cleaning my room. Stupid vacuum. One of my bestie's won't ever let me live that down. End of story.)
So here's the plan for every day: 25 sit-ups, 10 push-ups, (Don't knock, okay? Have you SEEN my arms?) and a 1/2 mile run every morning. So far....I completed the sit up part and have come to the conclusion that I am wayyyy out of shape. Working towards goals like this is good though! So I'm a bit excited. Ha, let's see how long that lasts.

Dare 4: Paint a pair of shoes.
I saw an artist on tumblr do this and I was really inspired to try it. Since I hate my Apt 9 shoes now anyway, I'm going to paint those. Photos on my tumblr: here.

Dare 5: Do something manly.
How about changing the oil in my car all by myself? Seems like a feat.
Heck, it was. It took me over an hour to just locate the oil plug....after locating the oil plug, I had to wait for my mother to return from town with my oil filter....because apparently, despite what they told me in this "DYI Chick Manual" you have to change the oil and the filter at the same time. Then my dad stood next to my car, looked through the engine down at me, and stated I needed an oil filter wrench. There's a specific wrench for that?! Quelle ughhh. So after dirtying up my hands, flicking rust in my ears, dribbling oil down my elbows and fingers, and generally making a mess, I successfully changed the oil. ^_^
I hope Bu (my car, it's a Malibu; stop laughing) is happy now!

Dare 6: Cook a special dinner for someone.
My friend's mom was celebrating her 50th birthday.... time to break out the aprons and grill tongs, people!! We made grilled chicken (Italian dressing on it made it SO DARN GOOD), roasted potatoes (healthy, because we put olive oil instead of butter on it), green beans ('nuff said) and oozy delicious chocolate cake. (which me & Stash ate outside while watching the sun set. It was awesome. And delicious.) Strangely, cooking is something I'm pretty good at and I enjoy it. And doing it for someone else was a double win-win.

So, I survived this week without ripping my nose off or drooling at the sugar bowl. Challenging, but loads of fun!


Got any dares for me?
Hit me up: lizhott63@gmail.com



------------------------
For you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

i'm curious, what are your thoughts on this? thanks for sharing!
-lizzie