Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ticked off Models, Colored Eyebrows, and Starbursts

 Is it just me or am I the only one that has a terrified face when flipping through fashion magazines filled with strange outfits (that no one in their right mind would wear in public) worn by models with seething, ready-to-kill faces? Why the murderous looks, Vogue? Happy, fresh looking girls not an option anymore? Quelle scary.
Of course I’m not saying the cheesy grins of models from yesteryear are any better than the sultry, pouting ones of today’s fashion runways (As in RUN AWAY!). But seriously, it’s scary. I’d rather read a magazine showing models with happy faces…or contented faces…or ones that don’t look like they’ve walked through all hell and are trying to be so convincing as a drop dead (literally?) gorgeous model that they across as seriously ticked off about something, or in two seconds they’re going to jump you and kill you off with a pair of ridiculously spiky stilettos. Like I said, quelle scary.



   But despite my ardent aversion of said modeled faces, I did manage to find something scarier: colored eyebrows. No, I’m not kidding. Vogue has been featuring dazzling pictures of girls with hideous blue and orange eyebrows as a part of their fall 2010 fashion guide. What, do they want us all to look like aliens now? Sure, we all know it’s okay to have ice-blue eyebrows on the runway to match your ice-blue lipstick and stringy ice-blue dress (if you can call it that), but try walking around downtown DC with those babies and you’ll get the kind of attention that isn’t necessarily flattering.  I mean its one thing to shave your eyebrows off and pencil them on, or even tattoo them on *shudders*, or do it just for a Halloween gig, but to shave them off and paint them on blue as a part of your daily makeup? Now that’s where I draw the line. And so should those crazy fashion designers.


   Starbursts are a wonderful invention. They come in 5 flavors (well, the original kind do anyway), they are sweet, they are sticky, and most importantly, they are cheap. If you have a bag of Starbursts, magically everyone becomes your best friend; and it’s entertaining to pick out your fave flavor and chew them in sticky sweet bliss. However, wonderful as they are, Starbursts come with two problems. Problem-o number one is…they don’t go with anything. I mean, try to eat Starbursts with crackers…or Coke…or a sandwich…or popcorn, and you will find out fast that Starbursts suck with any other kind of edible food out there. I’m been eating Starbursts (well, not like all the time) for years, and I still haven’t found a food that “goes” with Starbursts, so I usually eat them alone…and man oh man it’s very tempting to eat the whole packet or bag, kinda like a bag of potato chips. That presents problem number two: they are really sugary. Sugar wrecks havoc in your mouth, and also in your brain. So, since Starbursts are practically all sugar, consuming a large quantity of them (especially if eaten alone) leaves you with cavities and headaches. Nice. Who would have thought such an adorable thing as a paper wrapped, brightly colored piece of Strawberry candy could be so evil? :)

Sincerely Yours, Lizzie ♥

P.S. I tried adding a new Reaction Label (besides the weird, funny, interesting ones) called "Yeah, that's definitely Lizzie." but it wouldn't let me. Hmph.

9 comments:

  1. XD Oh, Lizzie my sides are aching! I'm glad somebody's finally making fun of those models. ~ Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My pleasure, my pleasure :) Glad you enjoyed this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fashion...
    *shakes head*
    Why??? I just don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your views on those Vogue models is exactly what I've thought. They remind me of the White Witch in Narnia; cold and rather ugly because of their sneering expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! At first I read your comment wrong and thought you said that MY views were like the White Witch lol. Haha! I hope I wasn't too offending in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lizzie's views are like the white witch HAHAHA!!!! JK :D
    the post is incredibly funnny too ROTFL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *the blog post is incredibly funny

    ReplyDelete

i'm curious, what are your thoughts on this? thanks for sharing!
-lizzie