Monday, September 20, 2010

Shopping, Cinnamon Vanilla Chais, Crickets, and Sweaters

 Okay, it's official. Lizzie is a shopaholic.  *sighs* I never thought I'd actually admit it, let alone on my own blog, but it's about time I finally admitted it. And I know exactly what to blame. Well, besides my brain which is determined to make me go bankrupt over the next pair of shoes, I hereby blame it on my little plastic magic  named Master Card.

Innocence lost.
Ever think about just how easy it is to spend money with a card and not actually realize what's going on when you hand "Lois" the cashier with too much eyeliner you're plastic cash card? *waves hand* That would be me. It's really easy to just think, "Oh, heck, it's only $20...$30....$50...$2.5 million for this pair of shoes, I'm good." HA! No way in Haiti does that mean you're safe from spending too much. By belittling your spending, you justify your guilty conscience of the unnecessary purchase, thus plunging yourself into deeper realms of "I'm good" reasoning...then leading you to a place which is called the "D" word...the place every shopaholic finds herself if she isn't dragged out of her dark money hole and flashed a torchlight in her face first.

Two Ways to Cut Back on Spending: 
1) Don't spend obliviously. Unless it's food, gas, etc, don't buy it. If you have to, budget & saveeeeeee.
And 2) KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ACCOUNTS!
I know, I know, it sounds like a no-brainer, but heh....if you spend alot, you gotta track it like a wolf tracks a bleeding rabbit at the dead of night in the middle of the winter. I am that serious. And mostly, I'm talking to myself, haha. Let's just say I've had a near encounter on a cliff ledge of the "D" word and vow never to go cliff diving off into it ever, ever, ever again.

So! Cinnamon Vanilla Chai's, anyone? All this budgeting talk is making me sick....I'm a tragic shopping heroine in need of refreshment. If you'd like to join me, here's my secret recipe...but remember, "Mum's the word," lovies. *winks*


Mmmm, froth is the best, yo.
Lizzie's Fantabulous ICED Cinnamon Vanilla Chai Recipe:
Mum's the word, remember comrades.
Mix together the following: iced chai tea, (Yogi is good), a dash of cinnamon, a teaspoon or two or vanilla, some ice cubes, and coconut milk, (not cream of coconut, it's disgusting if you do), and sugar (as needed). Bon appetite, mon amies! See, isn't it lovely? Gosh, I could drink it all day if I could, and it's probably less than US-$2  a serving! Bravah! (: If you don't like mine, you can be snubbish and mean and try this chaiiiii. ;) jk

EVIL in bug-form
Okay so, seriously? If there's one thing I'd mark on my "Comments & Suggestions" card when I get to Heaven, it'll be, "WHY WHY WHY did You, dear Lord, create crickets?!?!" Grrr. I don't hold it against anyone, but seriously? Man alive, I hate those things. They are bad enough outside, but when they creep into the corners of one's basement flat and chirp the snot out of you, it's time to declare war. So far, this fall, it's been 21ish, Lizzie, Crickets, 0. *grins* But seriously, gosh I hate them crickets with avengance! (however you spell that blasted word.) I mean, the whole chirp-chirp thing is getting OLD. Crickets should try online dating services and leave the rest of us to sleep IN PEACE. I'd even offer to manage their accounts if they would just shut up! Haha! I'm getting pretty good at tracking and assassinating the little buggers, but I suppose that's not much a talent, aye? Hahaha. Pssshh, crickets. *sighs* I just wish they'd go away and NOT come back some other day.


Last, but certainly not least, I'm happy to report this year's fall fashions for sweaters is looking bright. Old Navy is featuring countless cardigans, sweaters, and vest with poppish tones meaning to please many a busy woman, Rue 21 is featuring large-print sweater coats in bold patterns, AEO is featuring the same lame kind of sweaters they've been selling since the 80s, Maurices is into purple and blue this year, Aeropostale...no comment, Dress Barn is displaying sweater jackets in orange and 'kelly' blue, Target's Mossimo (whatever the spelling) is going all out 70s here, Kohl's is featuring hot rocker chic Candy jackets, and Mr. Walmart....is well, really pushing his LEI puffy vests and plaid shirts...again. I think I'll stick to my new "baby"...a teal, tiny ribbed sweater V-neck from ON....just a heads up, girls, for some fall looks you don't want to miss.


Oh gosh, I did buy that sweater, didn't I? So much for reform... *throws up hands* -.-


Love always, Lizzie ♥

6 comments:

  1. Lovr it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe looks delish! I love all things chai, so I'll probably end up giving that a try.

    As for shoes, no price is too high for true fashion. YOU GO GIRL! Shopaholics UNITE! ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stash: Thanks lovey!

    @Em: Hehehe! Woot! A fellow comrade! CHEERS! Glad you liked the chai. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You speak for all of us. I was trying to keep a budget, but the other week I was in Target and happened to see an ADORABLE pair of high heels. Most heels hurt my feet, but these didn't, so of course I just couldn't resist buying them.

    Lol oh well, I'll just have to start over again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALSO!!
    I am quite fond of crickets as well as many other of God's little critters and it pains me to hear of you slaying them with such vehemence. >;/. (jk, don't take it personally)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so need that budget you're talking about...
    OH LOOK! NEW SHOES!!!

    lol ;)
    Great post, as always, Lizzie! oxo

    ReplyDelete

i'm curious, what are your thoughts on this? thanks for sharing!
-lizzie